Teacher, Science and Stuff Enrichment classes, Courthouse Road Elementary School, Spotsylvania (October 2010)
• Developed curriculum with co-teacher
• Prepared science experiments before class
• Taught scientific principles through hands-on experiments to 3rd – 5th graders during three after school sessions
Student Presenter and Tutor, James Farmer Writing Workshop Seminar, UMW, (February 2010)
• Addressed James Farmer Scholars regarding the writing process.
• Participated in round table discussion with students and professors regarding the writing process.
• Consulted with and tutored students regarding their current essays.
Teacher/Staff Member, Cub Scout Day Camp, Isaac Walton League (1 week, summer 2010)
• Prepared lesson plans, proposed supplies needed, prepared crafts before each den’s time slot and lead the craft station with another staff member for elementary age boys.
Library Aide, Courthouse Road Elementary School, for librarian Paula Joseph (September 2006 to June 2010)
• Sorted and shelved books
• Set up and packed up book fair with other volunteers
• Assisted children (locate their books and make their purchases) during book fair
Volunteer, Courthouse Road Elementary School (December 2005 to present)
• Any task requested by teachers such as cut-outs for classes, in-class tutoring, chaperon for field trips, etc.